“I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it’s such a beautiful animal. Well, I think my mother is attractive, but I just keep photographs of her”.
— Ellen DeGeneres
Many thanks to ALL of the dedicated volunteers and donors to our San Diego chapter of Last Chance for Animals in 2016! You made it possible for us to bring the vegan, animal rights message to thousands of people at the following events:
- Dr. Michael Greger‘s speaking engagement and vegan dinner buffet at Joyce Beers Community Center: 1/16/16
- Martin Luther King Festival at the World Beat Center: 1/18/16
- Encinitas Wellness Festival: 1/23/16
- EarthFair at Balboa Park: 4/17/16
- North Park Festival of the Arts: 5/21/16
- Pride Festival at Balboa Park: 7/16-7/17/16
- Hillcrest CityFest: 8/14/16
- South Bay Pride: 9/10/16
- Escondido St. Fair: 10/16/15
- Encinitas St. Fair: 11/20/16
Join the LCA San Diego Email List
To sign up to receive our e-newsletter and stay informed about local events and volunteer opportunities, email info@LCASanDiego.org.
LCA San Diego is an all-volunteer chapter of the non-profit organization Last Chance for Animals. Our mission is to educate the public about animal rights issues and to promote a cruelty-free vegan lifestyle. Since we started our chapter in 1993, our main activity has been to bring our information booth to street fairs and other events around San Diego County. We pass out free literature and answer people’s questions about going vegan, buying cruelty-free products not tested on animals, choosing humane entertainment, what we eat, where we get our protein, and how to easily transition to a plant-based vegan diet that’s good for us, the animals, and the planet.
LCA San Diego has hosted many special guest speakers, including Dr. Karen Davis, George Eisman, R.D., Dr. Michael Greger, Erik Marcus, Jack Norris, R.D., Dr. Janice Stanger, and Dr. Will Tuttle.
For info about the work of Chris DeRose, Founder and President of Last Chance for Animals, and LCA’s Los Angeles headquarters visit www.LCAnimal.org.